Tag Archives: Sports Travel Insurance

What should I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

You should report it to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible and obtain a crime reference number (LS01 is the Lost or Stolen Passport Notification form). You should also inform the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), embassy, or consulate of the country you are in. The […]

What documents do I need to take on holiday with me?

We advise that you take the relevant Policy Wording Booklet and your travel insurance certificate / schedule away with you, or have access to them electronically. We can also provide you with a policy card that contains all your insurance details and is easy to carry around. To obtain a card, please contact us using […]

What happens if my baggage/equipment is lost when I arrive?

It is important to obtain a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) immediately from the airport authorities. When you return to the UK, send this off with all other relevant documentation to validate your claim. If your baggage/equipment is mislaid on your outward journey, an amount can be claimed for obtaining replacement essentials subject to the benefit […]

Can I extend my cover while I’m away?

Yes, but you will need to call us on the number at the top of the page at least 3 days before your policy has expired, or before the multi-trip limit has been exceeded (Bronze policies: 35 days, Silver: 60 days, Gold: 90 days). You cannot extend cover after this. Please note our office hours […]

If we buy an annual policy for a couple or a family, does that mean that individuals covered under that policy cannot travel alone?

No. However for children there are restrictions. Children under the age of 12 should always travel with an adult insured under the policy, or with a responsible adult. If travelling without an adult named on the policy, cover would need to be upgraded to the equivalent adult rate, and the appropriate additional premium would need […]

What is the longest period for which you can get fixed cover?

You can get single trip cover for any period of up to 12 continuous months so long as you include the day you leave and the day you return. The annual multi-trip policy will allow for multiple trips so long as each trip does not exceed the multi-trip limit as detailed on your policy (Bronze: […]

Which countries are excluded from your policies?

We are not able to provide cover under any section of the policy if you are travelling to a destination against the advice of the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). You can check this online at www.fco.gov.uk or by calling 0207 008 0232.

If I am injured on my travels, will I be repatriated?

You should contact the 24 hour assistance helpline  for any medical emergency, and/or if repatriation is required. The number you need can be found in our Claims area. They will assess the situation with you or your representative. If it is an agreed medical necessity, repatriation will be included under the Medical Expenses benefit section.

Does my Sports Travel Insurance Policy provide loss of earnings cover?

No, there is no loss of earnings cover under the Sports Travel Insurance policy although loss of earnings can be covered under the Sports Accident policy if required. If you take out annual Sports Travel cover and annual Sports Accident cover, you will get 5% discount off the second policy.

Do you cover mountain rescue?

Yes, the costs for mountain rescue will be covered under the Search and Rescue benefits section detailed in the benefits table of the relevant policy. Helicopter rescue is included up to the benefit level selected for Search and Rescue, assuming that is deemed to be necessary at the time of the accident/incident, and subject to […]