Call us on 01494 484800
The Rugby World Cup 2015 is almost upon us. Games, analysis, player profiles, highlights and criticism will soon dominate all our TV screens and radio waves. The BBC Sport app can send push alerts making sure you don’t miss anything and we wouldn’t want you to.
However, at SportsCover Direct we embrace all sports, and we know that rugby might not be everybody’s cup of tea. If a month of back-to-back coverage doesn’t appeal, don’t worry! We’re sure that some of our alternative activities might take your fancy instead.
Firstly, a heads up on the dates when England are playing:
• England v Fiji – Friday 18th September 20.00
• England v Wales – Saturday 26th September, 20.00
• England v Australia – Saturday 3rd October, 20.00
• England v Uruguay – Saturday 10th October, 20.00
It’s not all about Rugby. The US Open 2015 will bring 2 weeks smashing tennis from 31st August to 13th September. Full coverage will be shown on sky. If you’re more taken by wheels than games involving balls then don’t forget to tune in to the UCI Road World Championships from 19-27 September 2015.
There are also plenty of other sporting events going on in the September and October. If you do manage to grab control of the remote for a few hours – whether it’s the Gymnastics World Championships, the Multi-Sports European Masters Games or the Commonwealth Youth Games, we’re sure you’ll find something of interest!
Prefer to get out there?
If watching sports on TV just isn’t your thing, an afternoon or evening spent glued to a screen is probably your idea of a nightmare. So how else can you spend those long September days or weekends? We’ve got a few ideas…
• Spa day – a real treat and guaranteed enjoyment, can you replace those noisy cheers with some soothing ocean sounds?
• Berry picking – possibly the perfect way to spend a summer’s day, can you present your efforts with a delicious crumble in the evening?
• Rent a bike – whether on your own or with friends or kids, one of the best ways to explore, can you tempt anyone to join you with a picnic?
• Host a contest – with all the summer sport going on, can you challenge friends and family to something similar? Endless fun and an opportunity to be active…rounders with friends, an afternoon of cricket, or, dare we suggest it…kids v adults football?
We hope something here will inspire or appeal to you in a domain outside Christ Robshaw’s England team. September is a glorious month with (hopefully) lots of sunny weather and warm days. Be sure to make the most of it – stay active and outdoors when you can, and don’t let those long evenings go to waste before they run out!