What is Fitness Instructor Insurance?
Fitness Instructor Insurance covers qualified fitness professionals should they be sued by a third party, such as a client, for injury or damage to their property.
This includes cover for damage to property that is hired or rented to you for the purpose of your business activities.
In the event of your business being blamed for an incident outlined above, the Public Liability section of your Fitness Instructor Insurance will provide cover for the legal costs associated with defending you in court plus any damages that are deemed payable.
In the case of Protectivity’s policy, it also covers if you are alleged to have provided inadequate advice or tuition by including Professional Indemnity as standard.
Get an instant quote for Fitness Instructor Insurance
Join thousands of professional fitness instructors who choose Protectivity every year.
Or call Protectivity on 01494 887909
Why choose Protectivity
Key benefits of our policy
From covering medical expenses to protecting your bike should it get stolen whilst you’re on holiday, our Cycle Travel Insurance provides comprehensive cover.
- Emergency Medical Expenses & Repatriation
- Cancellation & Curtailment
- Personal Accident cover
- Personal Liability
- Delayed, lost or stolen baggage
- Activity & Race Entry Fees
- Sports Equipment
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Yes, provided you comply with the below requirements for remote coaching/instruction (live or prerecorded):
In respect of any coaching or instruction that is undertaken remotely, it is strongly recommended that the Insured should:
1. At the commencement of the session, advise participants:
a. that by participating they are doing so at their own risk;
b. a suitable, non-slip floor space is required and any potential obstructions in the vicinity are removed before they participate;
c. to avoid activities if they have, or suspect they may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains;
d. avoid the use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description;
e. avoid physical contact with other participants and where appropriate, adhere to social distancing guidelines;
2. Ensure that sessions are conducted for the benefit of participants who have demonstrated sufficient suitability to participate;
a. with new clients you must ensure that;
i. you obtain a signed PAR-Q form prior to the first session
ii. you have had a pre-training consultation call
3. Continue to only instruct activities in which you are qualified to do so;
4. Record the session. Retaining the recording for a period of up to thirty-six (36) months may assist in any claim made against you
5. Maximum class size is 16
A. Our PT insurance policies all include the following as standard, which provides comprehensive cover to personal trainers.
- Personal trainer liability insurance – Either £1m, £2m, £5m or £10m
Liability insurance for personal trainers covers them for claims, damages and injury to members of the public or their property. This could come about if you or one of your clients causes damage to the gym in which your sessions are held.
- Professional Indemnity cover – level matched to that of your Public Liability
Should one of your clients injure themselves and deem it to be because of your negligence, then Professional Indemnity protects you. Any claim could be the result of a client claiming you gave bad advice or set them a task which in turn, caused them an injury.
- Sports Equipment cover – £500 as standard for FREE (up to £30,000 available)
The tools of the trade which you use are protected by our policy too. Up to £250 of cover is included as standard, which ensures any damage to your equipment caused by a client or third-party is covered.
- Personal Accident cover (not included as standard – optional extra)
This part of the policy protects the personal trainer themselves. Depending on the specific injury, your policy could pay out if you were to injure yourself while taking a personal training session.
Get an instant quote and buy online now!